- The Oct-Nov 2020 Acuity issue is in letterboxes from 1 October.
- It profiles CAs leading change in their communities and in business.
- Other articles explore debtor management software, the rising risk of fraud during COVID-19, and linking financial reporting to the fate of the planet.
It’s time for some positivity in what’s been an extraordinarily tough year.
In the Oct-Nov 2020 issue of Acuity we celebrate chartered accountants making a difference where it counts for people, businesses, communities and economies, both here and around the world.
Who are the difference makers of 2020?
As the “new normal” starts to take shape, leadership has never been more important for our communities and our businesses. In the “Difference makers of 2020”, we speak to eight chartered accountants who are leading change in their sectors.
- Deloitte Australia CEO Richard Deutsch FCA
- Human rights activist Anjum Rahman FCA
- Gemma Preston CA from the International Monetary Fund
- Brett Sandercock CA from ventilator manufacturer ResMed
- EY Qatar governance champion Saira Aziz CA
- Coca-Cola Amatil boss Alison Watkins FCA
- Alan Chew FCA, who built the prototype for New Zealand’s COVID-19 tracing app
- Nicholas Moore FCA, the former Macquarie Group CEO who now chairs The Smith Family charity.
We also profile six CAs in start-ups who took the leap from cushy corporate gig to go all-in on new ventures. Discover what motivated Damien Singh CA at Canva, Phil Halbish CA at TRIBE and others to make a bold move.
Get your invoices paid faster
In our regular Tech Guide we look at debtor management software that can help you turn those unpaid invoices into working capital – just what you need in a crisis!
Plus, we look at what is best business practice when it comes to linking profit with the fate of our planet, and delve into the heightened risk of fraud in the COVID-19 era.
We also look at what happens as remote working becomes business as usual after COVID-19. Managers will have to hone better people skills and meetings and other activities will move to a ‘hybrid’ model, just for starters.
It’s all in Oct-Nov 2020 Acuity, with Deloitte’s Richard Deutsch on the cover of the Australian issue and Anjum Rahman FCA on the front of the New Zealand issue.