Acuity magazine Feb/Mar 2017 issue out now!
The new-look February/March 2017 issue of Acuity magazine, featuring Lisa Messenger on the cover, is now available
- The new issue of Acuity magazine is packed with fresh ideas, insight and foresight on matters of economics, business and finance
- The Feb/Mar 2017 issue of Acuity magazine features interviews with Lisa Messenger, Rod Drury, Simon Mordant AM FCA, and many more.
The new-look February/March 2017 issue of Acuity magazine features Lisa Messenger on the cover and is packed with fresh ideas, insight and foresight on matters of economics, business and finance.
Inside this issue
Here’s a snapshot of some of what we cover over 116 pages in the first bi-monthly issue of Acuity:
- Message from the brave: In our cover story for this issue, Australian entrepreneur Lisa Messenger talks to Acuity about being fearless, having a huge appetite for risk and what she learnt from Richard Branson.
- Xero gravitas: Xero founder Rod Drury is serious about artificial intelligence and its potential to improve economic prosperity.
- Cracking down on money laundering: The Australian and New Zealand governments are facing a potential backlash from industry groups as they move to introduce sweeping new anti-money laundering laws.
- Driverless cars: The future of automobiles is bearing down on us and nobody is behind the wheel.
- A bull named Trump in a shop called China: US President Donald Trump has been a vitriolic critic of China. What are the likely consequences for the Asia-Pacific economy?
- Fighting the good fight: Ryan McCarthy CA is a winner in management, as well as in the boxing ring. Acuity asked him for his formula for creating good workplace culture and bringing out the best in people.
- Making it work: A Queensland CA has turned her back on consulting to focus on compliance and achieving a better work-life balance.
- Air pressure: Behind the glamour of a Red Bull Air Race pilot a team of successful professionals do the business.
- Maximising mentoring: A mentor can be key to career success, but the mentee must play an active role in their own career development.
- Words from a leader: Investment banker Simon Mordant AM FCA on giving dollars and losing pounds.
- In praise of sleep: Long hours and a culture of working through fatigue are stealing one of our most vital natural health resources.
- Paid up not fed up: Xero’s James Solomons and MYOB’s Tim Reed offer their perspectives on simplifying accounts payable.
- Will to succeed: Award-winning CFO Paula Kensington has come a long way in a working life that began as a 16-year-old retail assistant.
- What did you just say?: Does swearing have a place in the workplace and is it appropriate?
You’ll find all of this, and much, much more, in the February/March 2017 issue of Acuity magazine.
Subscribe to Acuity now to get our print magazine delivered to your door six times a year.